The Department of Manufacturing, Industrial and Textile Engineering offers a Bachelor of Engineering programme in Industrial and Textile Engineering. The programme lays a heavy emphasis on the practical application of theoretical knowledge. The practical emphasis is achieved through extensive workshop and laboratory training, seminars, industrial visits and industrial attachments.
The main objectives of the department are to: -
- Prepare graduates engineers who can accomplish the manufacture of textile products, engineering components and design industrial engineering systems.
- To equip its graduates with enough knowledge to be able to assist other professionals in designing infrastructural facilities that use Industrial products.
- Achieve a practical orientation of graduate Textile Manufacturing and Industrial engineers.
- Encourage participation of staff and students in applied and theoretical research as well as in offering consultancy services.
- Participate in Manufacturing, Industrial and Textile engineering related activities in and outside the campus in close consultation with local and international associations/organisations.